SUMMER SALAD WITH CURRY CHICKEN
Everything you want from a meal-sized salad. It’s fresh, bright, flavorful, and filling!!
For the salad:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (we recommend free range and organic ingredients)
- 1 teaspoon refined coconut oil
- Spring mix of greens of your choice
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- Sesame salt, to taste (optional)
For the spice rub:
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 to 1/ 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 11/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the curry powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, sea salt, and parsley in a small bowl to create the rub. Use as much of the rub as needed to cover each chicken breast. You may have a bit of the spice rub left over.
- Heat one teaspoon of coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Placed seasoned chicken breasts into the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes on each side until juice runs clear. Remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes to cool. Once cool, slice the chicken for the salads.
- While the chicken is cooking, place all ingredients for the dressing in a small jar or bowl. Whisk until combined and set aside.
- Divide your greens, bell pepper, cucumber, pineapple, and red onion onto four plates. Top each with a portion of chicken. Drizzle a little creamy Dijon dressing over each salad and top with a sprinkle of sesame salt, if using.
THE LIVE FREE GROUP is a lively, energetic, integrity-based group of integrative health coaches bringing people together from all walks of life who want to seriously improve their health and lifestyles. We want you to know science has proven that poor health and degenerative diseases are preventable. You can achieve good health and you can maintain the changes made and have big results in how you feel and live. Please take a moment to subscribe to our blog, join our mailing list, like us on facebook, follow us on twitter, connect with us on linkedin, google+ and find us on Pinterest. Contact us if you have any questions or to set up a Free consultation