SQUASH AND CHICKEN CROCKPOT SOUP
A deliciously healthy broth-based chicken, quinoa, and butternut squash soup made simple in the slow cooker!!!
Ingredients: (We recommend organic and free range ingredients!)
- 1 and 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 (~4 cups) small butternut squash
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn
- 1 can (14 ounces) petite diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 packet (1-2 ounces) fajita seasoning mix
- 5 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: fresh parsley, sour cream, your favorite shredded cheese
- Remove the fat from the chicken.
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh sieve to remove the bitter saponin coating.
- Peel, seed, and chop the butternut squash into small bite-sized pieces
- Rinse and drain the kidney beans and corn.
- Lightly grease your slow cooker with nonstick spray ( 6-quart crockpot).
- Add in the chicken, quinoa, chopped squash,
- Add kidney beans, corn, undrained tomatoes, garlic, and fajita seasoning packet.
- (OR try a chili seasoning packet if you enjoy those flavors better).
- Pour in the chicken broth and give everything a good stir.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours
- Optional: remove some of the squash and mash it with a potato masher, and return.
- salt and pepper to taste and any other seasonings desired.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- If desired, stir in some sour cream and some freshly grated cheese.
- NOTE: Add more chicken broth, as needed
THE LIVE FREE GROUP is a lively, energetic, integrity-based group of integrative health coaches bringing people together from all walks of life who want to seriously improve their health and lifestyles. We want you to know science has proven that poor health and degenerative diseases are preventable. You can achieve good health and you can maintain the changes made and have big results in how you feel and live. Please take a moment to subscribe to our blog, join our mailing list, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn, Google+ and find us on Pinterest. Contact us if you have any questions or to set up a Free Consultation