SPAGHETTI SQUASH PIZZA
Here’s the thing with this pizza: The crust is made from spaghetti squash. No flour. No butter. Just veggies and cheese, please.
INGREDIENTS: (We recommend organic and free-range ingredients)
Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust, makes one large crust:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- First, carefully cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds and innards. This part kind of smells like autumn, because it reminds me of carving pumpkins.
- Lightly coat the inside of the squash in a couple teaspoons of olive oil. Bake at 375°F for about 45 minutes, until the inside is easy to shred with a fork. Allow to cool. Scoop out the insides. Place on a plate or baking dish with paper towels. We want to try and soak up any excess moisture from the squash.
- In a bowl mix together the squash, egg, and spices. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven, with the baking sheet inside, at 400°F. Once the oven is hot enough, remove the pan, cover with parchment paper, and spread the spaghetti squash mixture over the baking sheet in a thin layer. Bake until the edges begin to brown, around 20-25 minutes.
- Cover in a little sauce (use homemade or store-bought), cheese, and your favorite toppings. Bake for another 4-6 minutes, until the cheese is nice and melted
- This pizza crust is quite tasty. Impressive. The texture is not like thin crust pizza exactly, so don’t go into it expecting that. It’s different. But it’s super delicious.
THE LIVE FREE GROUP is a lively, energetic, integrity-based group of integrative health coaches bringing people together from all walks of life who want to seriously improve their health and lifestyles. We want you to know science has proven that poor health and degenerative diseases are preventable. You can achieve good health and you can maintain the changes made and have big results in how you feel and live. Please take a moment to subscribe to our blog, join our mailing list, like us on facebook, follow us on twitter, connect with us on linkedin, google+ and find us on Pinterest. Contact us if you have any questions or to set up a Free consultation.