PERFECT CAULIFLOWER CRUST PIZZA
Part of eating healthy is having a good source of healthy recipes on hand to help you cook not only what’s good for you but what tastes good as well. So we’ve decided to use our blog to share some deliciously healthy recipes with you. Be sure to check in with us regularly – more coming soon!
The Secret To Perfect Cauliflower Pizza Crust
A grain-free alternative to traditional pizza crust, that you can pick up with your hands!
- 4 cups raw cauliflower rice (about one medium head)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup soft goat cheese or mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
Topping Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup organic tomato paste
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- optional for sauce: chopped parsley to taste
- additional optional toppings: turkey bacon, onion, olives, diced tomato, cheese, diced sweet peppers, chives
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- To make the cauliflower rice, pulse batches of raw cauliflower florets in a food processor, until a rice-like texture is achieved.
- Fill a large pot with about an inch of water, and bring it to a boil. Add the “rice” and cover; let it cook for about 4-5 minutes. Drain into a fine-mesh strainer.
- THIS IS THE SECRET: Once you’ve strained the rice, transfer it to a clean, thin dishtowel. Wrap up the steamed rice in the dishtowel, twist it up, then SQUEEZE all the excess moisture out! It’s amazing how much extra liquid will be released, which will leave you with a nice and dry pizza crust.
- IF YOU HAVE A JUICER PUT A WHOLE HEAD OF CAULIFLOWER THRU JUICES AND SAVE PULP. You will have about 4 cups. Proceed to step 6 no boiling necessary. Save juice for soups.
- In a large bowl, mix up your strained rice, beaten egg, goat cheese, and spices. (Don’t be afraid to use your hands! You want it very well mixed.) It won’t be like any pizza dough you’ve ever worked with, but don’t worry– it’ll hold together!
- Press the dough out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (It’s important that it’s lined with parchment paper, or it will stick.) Keep the dough about ⅓” thick, and make the edges a little higher for a “crust” effect, if you like.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 400F. The crust should be firm, and golden brown when finished.
- Now’s the time to add all your favorites– sauce, cheese, and any other toppings you like. For sauce I use 1 cup organic tomato sauce with 1T minced garlic, 1t oregano and 1t basil stirred in.
- For topping I sauté 2 onions in 1T olive oil for 5 minutes. Add 2c sliced mushrooms and sauté another 5 minutes. Set aside to cool. Steam or roast 2-3 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- Spread tomato sauce on cooked dough. Cover with broccoli, then mushroom onion mix. Top with goat cheese or mozzarella. . Return the pizza to the 400F oven, and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, just until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Slice and serve immediately!
Time-Saving Tip: I recommend making a double-batch of cauliflower pizza crusts, make one for now, and save one for later. After baking the crusts, wrap up the extra pizza crust in foil, and FREEZE it for a quick “frozen pizza” to enjoy another night! All you need to do is add toppings and bake at 400F, until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
THE LIVE FREE GROUP is a lively, energetic, integrity-based group of integrative health coaches bringing people together from all walks of life who want to seriously improve their health, lifestyles and finances. We want you to know science has proven that poor health and degenerative diseases are preventable. You can achieve good health and you can maintain the changes made and have big results in how you feel and live. Please take a moment to subscribe to our blog, join our mailing list, like us on facebook, follow us on twitter, connect with us on linkedin, google+ and find us on Pinterest. Contact us if you have any questions or to set up a Free consultation.