LUSCIOUS LEMON CAKE
This is a fluffy, soft lemon cake… BURSTING with lemon flavor… a dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth on any occasion…maple syrup adds a delicious natural sweetness!
INGREDIENTS: (we recommend organic and free-range ingredients)
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup plus 1 T coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot starch
- 1/2 t baking soda
- Pinch salt
For the glaze:
- 1/3 cup butter, for glaze
- 2 T maple syrup, for glaze
- 2 T lemon juice, for glaze
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉ and grease a loaf pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
3. Add the coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
4. Transfer to prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
5. Remove from pan and cool completely.
6. In a small bowl, mix together the coconut butter, maple syrup, and lemon juice for the glaze. Spread on cake.
Slice and enjoy!!
THE LIVE FREE GROUP is a lively, energetic, integrity-based group of integrative health coaches bringing people together from all walks of life who want to seriously improve their health and lifestyles. We want you to know science has proven that poor health and degenerative diseases are preventable. You can achieve good health and you can maintain the changes made and have big results in how you feel and live. Please take a moment to subscribe to our blog, join our mailing list, like us on facebook, follow us on twitter, connect with us on linkedin, google+ and find us on Pinterest. Contact us if you have any questions or to set up a Free consultation