GREEK LEMON CHICKEN SOUP
A quick and easy 30 minute chicken soup, cozy and comforting! With cannellini beans for added protein and fiber, this is a very healthy variation on a classic recipe! And the added lemon juice is so refreshing and vibrant!
Ingredients: (We recommend organic ingredients!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the stockpot. Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in thyme until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in chicken stock and bay leaves. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and stir in cannellini beans and chicken, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in spinach until wilted, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, parsley and dill; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.
THE LIVE FREE GROUP is a lively, energetic, integrity-based group of integrative health coaches bringing people together from all walks of life who want to seriously improve their health and lifestyles. We want you to know science has proven that poor health and degenerative diseases are preventable. You can achieve good health and you can maintain the changes made and have big results in how you feel and live. Please take a moment to subscribe to our blog, join our mailing list, like us on facebook, follow us on twitter, connect with us on linkedin, google+ and find us on Pinterest. Contact us if you have any questions or to set up a Free consultation