A Winter Weight-Loss Detox Soup
You might be thinking that there’s no way a bright green bowl of pureed veggies can be filling and comforting enough for chilly weather, but this detox soup will prove you wrong.
This warming, hearty soup is packed with flavor and detoxifying stars like vitamin A, vitamin C, and fiber. Ingredients like sweet potato and turnip fill you up, onion and garlic add spice, and superfoods kale and spinach make sure you stay feeling your best all winter long. Blend up a batch and get ready to be pleasantly surprised.
Ingredients (We recommend organic ingredients!)
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 large zucchini, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 1 bunch of curly kale, rinsed, dried and chopped
- Handful of spinach leaves
- Saute the onion and garlic in a sauce pan with a little water or stock for 4 minutes. Add the turnip and sweet potato, and saute for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the stock, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the zucchini and kale, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach in at the end, and simmer for another minute.
- Pour the soup mixture into the blender or food processor, and blend till smooth.
- Return to the saucepan with heat on low, and add some freshly chopped curly parsley to garnish.
THE LIVE FREE GROUP is a lively, energetic, integrity-based group of integrative health coaches bringing people together from all walks of life who want to seriously improve their health and lifestyles. We want you to know science has proven that poor health and degenerative diseases are preventable. You can achieve good health and you can maintain the changes made and have big results in how you feel and live. Please take a moment to subscribe to our blog, join our mailing list, like us on facebook, follow us on twitter, connect with us on linkedin, google+ and find us on Pinterest. Contact us if you have any questions or to set up a Free consultation